Grupa Azoty is consistently pursuing its growth strategy outlined in the document “Strategy of the Grupa Azoty Group for 2013–2020“. 68 investment projects have been planned as part of the Strategy Operationalisation. By 2020, in Tarnów alone Grupa Azoty plans to carry out investment projects with a total value in excess of PLN 1bn, while its planned capital expenditure for the entire Group exceeds PLN 7bn.
The investment projects in Tarnów are designed to sustainably improve the Company’s competitive position and reduce its exposure to negative external factors, such as growing costs of energy and environmental protection.
Key development initiatives until 2020:
- optimising the production mix, leveraging to a greater extent the synergies with caprolactam production and maximising the value of ammonium sulfate
- increasing the level of the Company’s specialisation in nitrogen- and sulfur-containing solid fertilizers
- further reducing the production costs through an upgrade and increasing the capacity utilisation of key units
- increasing the output of polyamides and fully balancing the production capacities of caprolactam and polyamides at the Group level
- reducing caprolactam production costs
- increasing sales of highly-processed products, as well as the scale of operations and product range in the area of polyamide composites. Key development initiatives until 2020:
Energy and infrastructure
- ensuring compliance with legal regulations on pollutant emissions
- improving efficiency of the CHP plant by installing a new pass-out and condensing turbine
- taking initiatives to leverage the synergies between the Company’s infrastructure and municipal infrastructure of Tarnów
- research work on new products with good market prospects and available feedstock base, increasing product diversification
INVESTMENT PROJECTS AT GRUPA AZOTY S.A.