Thanks to its own research infrastructure, Grupa Azoty S.A. can easily perfect its technology, thereby increasing the quality of products offered. In view of the need to constantly seek out the latest technological solutions, the Company has become a valued and sought-after initiator and active participant in innovative research projects conducted by leading national science institutions, eg. with regard to polymer nanotechnology and mercury biodegradation.
The company cooperates with the following centres in the field of science:
- Wrocław University of Technology,
- Warsaw University of Technology,
- Artificial Fertilizers Institute in Puławy,
- Polish Academy of Sciences Organic Chemistry Institute in Warsaw,
- Industrial Chemistry Institute in Warsaw,
- Polish Academy of Sciences Molecular and Macromolecular Research Centre in Łódź,
- Cracow Agricultural University and ICSO Blachownia in Kędzierzyn Koźle,
- Cracow University of Technology,
- Wyższa Szkoła Biznesu – National Louis University,
- AGH University of Science and Technology,
- Chemical Industry Engineers and Technicians Association,
- Polish Electricians Association
- Naczelna Organizacja Techniczna (Polish Federation of Engineering Associations).
Consistency and perseverance in these fields make Grupa Azoty S.A. a trusted and experienced partner in technological projects worldwide, a trustworthy European supplier of tried and tested patents and licences which – thanks to the highly-qualified technical staff – set new industry standards. Current work is primarily aimed at further product diversification.
Many of the projects developed by Grupa Azoty S.A. have been noticed and acknowledged. The most significant of these include:
- IT outsourcing project, conducted in 2010 by Grupa Azoty S.A. n association with Hewlett-Packard Polska described by Miesięcznik Gospodarczy Nowy Przemysł "The most interesting best business implementation",
- the innovative Mechanical Fertilizer Granulation Plant with it 1200ton/day capacity awarded by Forum Biznesu with the "2010 Innovation of the Year" title,
- the stock exchange debut by Grupa Azoty S.A. which, "in acknowledgment of bold decisions – a breakthrough for the industry and important for the Polish economy overall" received Nowy Przemysł monthly's "2008 Polish Industry-changing Event" title.
Nitrogen fertilizers and Tarnamid, Grupa Azoty S.A.' s flagship product, manufactured since 2009, are just some of the awarded products:
- Calcium ammonium nitrate 27 macro received the "Large Pearl" award in the 8th Polish Fertilizers Competition,
- Saletrosan® 26 macro received the "Gold Medal" at the "AGROTECH" Agricultural Technology Fair in Kielce and was deemed a "European-standard product" at the "Agro-Tech" Agricultural-Industrial Fair in Miników, as well as receiving a Diamond Statue in the 9th Polish Fertilizers Competition,
- Natural Tarnamid PA6 was announced as the 2011 Export Hit and also received the Grand Prix Award in the "chemical products" category at the 4th International EXPOCHEM 2011 Chemical Industry Fair and Conference in Katowice.
The Company's success translates as success of the entire Group. In the "Innovative Product" competition held at the Polish Grain Trade Fair in Modrze near Poznań, Grupa Azoty Capital Group received the main prize in the fertilizer category for its "Sulphur-Ammonium Base".